I’m delighted to report that my planned Tuscan evening is happening next Saturday, the 8th of June. Thanks to those of you who have booked: I’m really looking forward to cooking for you.
While discussing the event, a number of you told me that you’d also like to come for an Asian evening. So I’ve decided to go ahead with the other date that I had mentioned, the 6th of July, but for an Asian meal rather than Italian.
And I have one table for four (or six if you don’t mind squashing up a little!) still available.
Here’s the menu for the evening:
1. Ma Hong – slices of pineapple topped with Asian flavoured minced prawn and mint
2. Krupuk – Indonesian rice crackers with coriander coconut chutney
3. Young papaya and green mango salad with light peanut dressing
1. Ikan Acar Kuning – fillets of mackerel in turmeric sauce with cucumber, carrots and shallots
2 Perkedel – potato cakes with herbs
3. Nasi Goreng – Indonesian fried rice with green chilli, basil, shredded omelette and baby anchovies (ikan bilis)
1. Es Teler – iced mixed fruit: a delicious mix of avocado chunks, young coconut flesh, and jack fruit in a sweet coconut and condensed milk juice
2. Black sesame seed wafer
The price is the usual £25 a head, which includes an aperitif, and coffee or tea. Bring your own wine.
Please let me know as soon as possible. Call me or email, or send a note via the contact form.